Thursday, October 26, 2006

Chemotherapy Round 8, (4 more to go)

Well, yesterday was that time again and this time, because I was so anxious and fidgety the nurse gave me some ativan. I immediately felt like I was woozy and laid my head down in the recliner. I woke only moments before she had to flush my port. It was definately the easy way out. It was a little difficult to eat lunch with my dh afterwards, I was zoning and a little dizzy. But it sure made the three hours at the infusion center go by fast. If this will be the norm, I may have to give up crotcheting...I'll never get anything done if I am passed out the whole time.
I learned on Tuesday evening that my sister-in-law's father was in the hospital. It seems they have foudn some growths in his abdomen. They don't know much at this point. I know too well that feeling of "what's next". I remember sitting in the hospital room and just praying for someone to come and tell us what was going on. It is scary and I am praying for their family to find the strength to get through this.
October is fading fast and the end of the year will be upon us in no time. I am excited for a fresh and healthy 2007.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure what kind of cancer you have, but have you consulted with a nutritionist? The nutritionist my husband and I used when he was undergoing treatments for his brain tumor is Dr. Jeanne Wallace. She was extremely helpful. Her real specialty is knowing which kinds of supplements should be taken with which chemos. She is terrific.

You may find information about Jeanne on my website, http://www.honestmedicine.typepad.com, under "Resources: People You Should Know" on the right-hand side of the page.

Hope this helps.
Julia Schopick
http://www.honestmedicine.typepad.com