Tuesday, October 03, 2006

SLOW DOWN IN TOWN!

I am still grieving the death of Sadie and didn't sleep much last night. This morning I sent off an email to our local city office. I pray that something can be done about the speeding vehicles that whiz by my home every day.

Dear City,
In the past eight years we have lived in our home; our house, garage door,
vehicle, and now our beloved family pet have all been victims of speeding
vehicles down the ----- Street hill. The speed limit is clearly posted, as
is a fake (I am assuming) sign saying radar patrolled. Late yesterday
afternoon a large speeding gravel truck struck my dog and killed her. I
believe the truck was speeding and I am thanking the Lord that no children
were trying to cross the corner of ----- and ------ because it was about
after school time and a dozen kids and bicycles use that intersection to get
home. I myself have two children who know not to go near the road, still I
fear for their life when we are working in the garage or the driveway. At
this time I cannot change my driveway but I can ask you to enforce the
speed limit better. Too many children and people use our streets to get from
one place to another, it would be a sad day if a speeding car, truck or semi
trailer met with one. Please let me know how I can help you get the word out
that we have to slow down in town.
Thank you for your time,

1 comment:

bobbione8y said...

oh Rani, i am so sorry!

I have such a HARD love for animals, and all of the joy and affection they bring to our lives. I am sorry that people have no respect for laws anymore, that "getting there fast" is the norm. I am sorry that we still have to face death here on earth. I can hardly wait for the time that we won't have that anymore.

take the time to grieve my friend. pets are members of our families, and i know when my beener has to go, i will have a while to go before my grief subsides.

bobbi