Tuesday, November 07, 2006

1st Annual Birthday Girls Weekend a Success!




It has become increasingly more obvious how fast the time goes by now that I am older. But, the birthdays keep getting better and better. Last year, I had a purse party on my birthday and I thought it could not get any better than that until this year when my girlfriend decided to take me to the 'cabin' (it's more like a house by the lake). There was absolutely no agenda and we took advantage of that by going to bed early and sleeping late. We made our own meals and watched movies and enjoyed the view. I had an awesome time. I know that before I know it, next year will be here and I hope we can enjoy the same sort of celebration. Good company, good food, good location = good time.Thanks KW!

Ryan's co-workers have been planning a 'project' to help us. They sent paint samples and border selections home with Ryan and Gavin and I picked out the exact scheme we wanted for his bedroom. Yesterday was THE day. Ds was so excited he put himself to bed. We are so blessed to have these amazing people in our lives. Ds called them the paint ladies all last night and everyone that came to the door had to see his NEW room. Thanks Paint Ladies! Do you hire out? Because my bedroom could use a makeover...

I have a pile of dishes counter top high to return to all the meal makers who have nourished our bodies and warmed our hearts in the past couple of weeks. If you are missing your favorite dish you may want to call me first!?! I plan on returning them as soon as I can:)

Dh's baby brother made it to the DOME! Scotland plays at 11 am on Thursday in Vermillion. We are so excited for the game. Ds is going to be in heaven with all the orange he will see on Thursday. I hope to make the game, but I have chemo on Wednesday so dad might be taking both kids by himself. Go HIGHLANDERS!

It's going to be a beautiful day in the 70's here. THIS IS THE DAY THAT THE LORD HAS MADE, LET US REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT.

Don't forget to vote!

2 comments:

KristieLou said...

Thanks Rani - I had a great weekend too. I was so relaxed it was hard to work yesterday. We will definately have to make that a tradition!!! Hope you have a good week.

Love
Kris

Unknown said...

I wish I was still there. Thanks for the super great time...

love you, too.