Thursday, November 02, 2006

speaking of pee...


Made plans to help a friend with her move in this week. It was a long week and things didn't go as planned but I finally squeezed out a couple of hours when me and my ds could drive out. The little stinker has been trying to potty train for months now (feels like years actually) and I am sure he never gets confused since I decide each morning after I wake up what kind of day it is; a patient day means underwear(this day also requires that the 5 pairs of underwear he owns are clean, a crabby day means diapers and, an undecided day means pull ups with a splash of either diapers or undies in between. The joys of parenthood with mommy on medication...anyhow...get to the point rani...mr. potty pants had a bm and went pee on the potty already this morning and it just felt like a patient day so I threw all caution to the wind and put him in underwear,Bob the builder ones, and we went on our merry little way. Not an hour after we were at the brand, spanking, new, still smells new, beautiful, gorgeous, fabulous, new, did I say new, house ds comes into the kitchen asking for his 'backpack'. "Why do you need your backpack?" I ask (at this point I am still clueless to the whole thing) "I need new panties" (don't knock him he has a sister who wears them and that's what I call them half the time) HORROR, TERROR, THE THEME TO PSYCHO IS POUNDING IN MY HEAD,"Did you pee your pants?" I choke the words out. I am down on my hands and knees feeling the carpet surveying the floor, praying that it happened on the pergo or the tile, PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAAASSSEEE! "Where were you when this happened, buddy?" I say as kindly as I can, hoping that my friend is not freaking out like I am...I crawled 20 yards of carpet but I found it; with my knee first and then I tried with all my might to soak it up with a rag. My kind and wonderful friend was remarkably calm as I was contemplating if Stanley Steamer made emergency house calls. I swallowed every ounce of my motherly pride and headed back to town to pick my preschooler up. While at home I whipped up a peace offering of chocolate and butterscotch topped peanut butter rice krispy bars, begged the daycare to take my kids for the afternoon and grabbed the oxy clean carpet cleaner and Febreeze. The funniest part is, my dd did the exact same thing at a friends house when she was potty training, only she managed to keep it on the pergo.
Thanks for understanding TK and bring the kids over when they are starting to wear panties my carpet is waiting for you...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a test comment.

carey said...

oh...my. terror was even striking my heart as i read this, i knew right where it was headed. dang. and i thought having my dog dump on the mccoy's lawn was a major deal...

you win.

Unknown said...

yet another test...

Unknown said...

and another