Thursday, November 02, 2006

If we don't take him you are going to what?




Tomorrow is Friday. I typically like Fridays. Fridays are good. Fridays are fun. But,the past two Fridays have brought new members into our family and now I am scared because tomorrow is Friday and I don't have anymore room. It started with Sampson. A friend of a friend needed to find him a home or her husband was going to hire a hit man to...well you know. So, I HAD to save him. Then, while I was at my sisters last Friday, my dh finds this adorable 4 month old chocolate lab mix of a pup named Shiloh that NEEDS a home because he was rescued by this family but they already have two dogs so we HAD to take her. So now in two short weeks we went from petless to petfull. It's the animal rescue family and yes I already called the vet and the the city to get the paperwork on them. But I am not taking anymore - so all you people out there with your gerbils and your lizards and your fish DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! I am not typically a pet person, I grew up on a farm and we had our share of animals. We raised 4 different kinds of dogs, Old English Sheep dogs, Samoyeds, Keeshounds, and we had a couple of Brittany Spaniels. I was never attached very closely to any one of them because the broker came out in his white van and took them away and I was used to that. We also had chickens, sheep, a pig, some cows, a goat, way too many cats and a peacock or two. It was sort of a zoo. My parents had the same length of hair, too, if you catch my drift... BUT, until Sadie I was never really a pet person so I am still wondering how and why we have a dog and a cat right now. I am definitely getting soft in my old age.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot about the pony, rabbits, pheasants, turkeys and the geese that used to chase you around the yard. HONK! HONK! HONK!!! Oh, and the hamster that lived in the ductwork. And the little birds, what were they, cockatoos, or little budgies or something, that "flew away". That darn cat Felix...

Unknown said...

Yeah, and the peacocks, remember the peacocks? I thought for sure everyone would not believe me if I said it...