Sunday, November 19, 2006

getting in the mood


Yesterday was a beautiful, crisp day. After dark, mom and I took the kids to Falls Park in Sioux Falls to see the lights. We were going to just drive through, but the lights were so 'sparkly', in my daughter's words, we had to get out and walk around. The music was playing loud and the water was changing colors and, well, you would have to be pretty much a Scrooge to not be persuaded into the holiday mood. As I listened to Santa Baby and Ave Maria, my kids ran up and down the sidewalks and begged to go into the tower. They were so excited, it was like they had never seen lights before. It was quite romantic; we saw couples holding hands, familes pushing strollers, peiple of all ages were enjoying the park.

After returning home and putting the sleepy heads to bed, I checked my email. It seems while I was getting into the holiday spirit one of my dear friends was packing up for a trip they had been dreading. Her father in law has been sick for months now. Still it chilled my heart when she said he was expected to pass last night.I stared blankly at the computer screen. For some moments in life there are no words.

Dearest CLM, may the concern and sympathy of those who care help you through this difficult time.

No comments: