Wednesday, February 14, 2007

This year makes 18 years.

Feb. 7th 1989; freshman year of high school. Right after the boys basketball game I stopped at the Irish Pub for a soda. An eighth grade girl walked over to me and presented me with a rose attached to a card that says, "Rani, will you go to the Sweet Hearts Dance with me?. R___." I said yes. The rest is history. We spent the rest of the evening driving around town in my mother's Chevy impala station wagon. I drove because he didn't have a licence yet.
He arrived almost a half an hour early for our first date. My dad is in the picture, too. He was inebriated and I think he scared the living daylights out of my date. We ended up going to prom that year, too. I borrowed the purple dress from a friend. We managed to make it through four more prom's including his senior year (my freshman year of college). I hated trying to find a dress after that freshman 15.




These are all the photos I can find tonight as I take a walk down memory lane. I can't believe it's been 18 years.

7 comments:

carey said...

rani, i am just about peeing my pants here. these are classics. ryan is just a little boy!! and is that shawna in the blue dress and big hair? you are brave to put this on your blog. i'm totally lovin' it.

Unknown said...

um, yeah. I probably should not have eaten all that chocolate today, my blogger judgment was clouded with sugar overdose. I may regret this in the morning.

bobbione8y said...

oh yeah, this is the good stuff. this is the reason why our husbands kinda secretly wish we wouldn't blog.

this is great!!!!!

thanks for the peek, rani ;)

Karen said...

I'm seriously tempted to go find a senior prom picture of Carey for you guys...although, come to think of it, she was beautiful then, too. I know if I tried hard enough, I could come up with something incriminating.

Susan said...

What a great post and a trip down memory lane. Like Carey said you are a brave woman to put these out there, much braver than I. Happy Belated Valentine's Day.

Unknown said...

would love to see Carey with big hair...

Karen said...

I'll work on that one!