Wednesday, February 21, 2007

You don't know what you have until it's gone and back again.

I shaved today. I have shaved since chemo ended, but not for awhile because I actually had to search for my razor this morning. Ask the girls who went to the concert with me the other night, it was due time. How would they know? Well, I have never been one to be real private. I think I showed my augmentation scars to anyone who would look. Anyhow, it was time. The hair is back and in full force. I really did not miss the leg hair, armpit hair or those pesky mustache whiskers. They are all back now along with the hair on top of my head. It took me almost 15 minutes in the shower today to clean my legs off. I let it go way too long. So I guess that's the end of it. I am pretty much back to normal. Except for my big toe nails. They just aren't healing. I am so anxious for summer, but how will I wear open toed shoes with toe nails that look like they are disgusting and fungicidal. I have a little while yet and I hope they hurry up and look normal again. My immune system is not what it used to be. I don't bounce back like I used to, but I think even that will get better as time goes by. I have my PET scheduled for the third week in March and that is when I will be able to say for sure that I am in complete remission. Can't wait.

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

this new snap thing you have on your website takes my computer out sometimes, so i might not be commenting as much ... :)

anyway, this post is what you get for hanging out in funeral homes! ha. isn't life weird?

but it sounds like it was a good first look into what death is about for your little boy...good job.

Karen said...

I'm sorry for your toenails!!! My mom's are coming off, too. I can't wait to hear the good report from the PET scan!

Unknown said...

consider snap removed. I hate it when things do that to me...

sorry for the trouble.