Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Everything I need to know I learned in Kindergarten

As I sit down to write this morning, huge fluffy snowflakes are falling outside my window, what month is it again?

This new job I am subbing for comes with a car. I spend my days driving around the back roads of a neighboring county visiting families with small children. Yesterday as I came upon a junction of two small highways, a man pulled up close to my car and rolled down his window, he motioned for me to do the same.

"I see you driving here all the time, do you work with my wife?", I started to say something but he quickly went on..."because she drives a car just like that from the university, I didn't want to scare you, I just wanted to tell you I am her husband and I will be waving hello to you now and again, if I'm not in this here vehicle, I got a little blue one, so now you can wave back to me."

I smiled. He manually rolled up his window and drove away. I waved to him.

Now if I could have only learned how to read maps in kindergarten...

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

oh, that is classic.

THAT is one of the best reasons to live in this state, i don't care what stuff we are seemingly "lacking".

the job sounds fun :)

Karen said...

Oh how I love South Dakotans!!! Find me a piece of land, Rani. My man says we can retire there...

Unknown said...

Yeah, we are pretty lucky here. I'll keep my eyes open, Karen. This is a pretty good chunk of the world.