Wednesday, April 18, 2007

One of the great things about this job is the fact that I get to listen to KNWC all day long. It is my all time favorite radio station. I am the person who doesn't really listen to music unless I am in the car...I just don't make enough time for it. So while I am putting on hundreds of miles each day I am jamming out to the music.
When I was little, mom listened to oldies a lot and so I did, too. I knew the words to most of them and when they came on the radio I would sing along, which felt normal until my friends starting looking at me like I was a weirdo. My mom was the one who introduced me to Amy Grant when I was a teenager and I was immediately hooked.I tried to keep up with the secular music everyone else was listening to, but I could never really get into it. The other day I was dropping the kids off at daycare and I waited and waited for my dd to get out of the van. "Come on!" I told her. "Sorry mom, I love that song." she said. Like mother, like daughter, I guess.
Want to listen, too? go to KNWC.nwc.edu
Post a Comment