Wednesday, April 18, 2007

One of the great things about this job is the fact that I get to listen to KNWC all day long. It is my all time favorite radio station. I am the person who doesn't really listen to music unless I am in the car...I just don't make enough time for it. So while I am putting on hundreds of miles each day I am jamming out to the music.
When I was little, mom listened to oldies a lot and so I did, too. I knew the words to most of them and when they came on the radio I would sing along, which felt normal until my friends starting looking at me like I was a weirdo. My mom was the one who introduced me to Amy Grant when I was a teenager and I was immediately hooked.I tried to keep up with the secular music everyone else was listening to, but I could never really get into it. The other day I was dropping the kids off at daycare and I waited and waited for my dd to get out of the van. "Come on!" I told her. "Sorry mom, I love that song." she said. Like mother, like daughter, I guess.
Want to listen, too? go to KNWC.nwc.edu

2 comments:

Karen said...

I LOVE this story! I found out I was a music nerd in jr. high, too! I was like, "What?? Amy Grant and John Denver aren't cool??" I do my best to stay on top of Christian music for the boys, but can't manage much more. Fortunately, that's all they listen to, and they don't seem to care what their classmates think.

Unknown said...

that's encouraging...