Saturday, September 08, 2007

PPP, Arts in the Rain, and Cafe Au Lait...

It's been one of those days. It started out with Polly Pocket Pandemonium. I rescued these from Dh's sister when she was downsizing. I took about 1/4 of what she had. They are fun, but what a mess. The pieces are so tiny!
Next we traveled the 30 miles to the big city to check out the Sidewalk Arts Festival, in the rain. We spent most of our time at the Kirby Science Center in the Washington Pavilion. It was free admission today.


So I was reading cookbooks this afternoon looking for a pick me up to make and I came across this recipe that I friend turned me onto a long time ago, even before the BLOG. I was ecstatic because I had DECAF instant coffee and ALL the ingredients in the cupboards. One point for frugality, one point for ingeniousness, one point for this being my Calgon today. I think I'll go get a second cup. Don't mind if I do?!



Instant Café Au Lait

  • 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee

  • 1-1/2 teaspoons powdered creamer
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons dry milk

Measure all of the ingredients into a coffee cup. Add hot water and stir to dissolve. Savor the flavor of savings.

1-1/2 teaspoons is the same as 1/2 a tablespoon or 1 very heaping teaspoon. Every time you drink this instead of buying coffee from the local coffee shop, you save $2 to $3 bucks.

If you are out of either powdered creamer or dry milk, then double up on the one you do have. This would be 1/4-cup of dry milk powder or 1-tablespoon of powdered creamer.

Recipe courtesy Hillbilly Housewife.com




3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

are those the same Polly Pockets I HAD when i was little?

if so, they are so so so fun!

they probably caused me to have this fetish for new clothes every other day too.

so good luck with that :)

Karen said...

Does it really, really taste like a latte???

Unknown said...

I didn't have pp when I was little, but these are pretty cool.

Maleah is already a fashionista, but I love her for it.

It is latte enough for me. Tastes like strong coffee with cream and sugar, exactly the way I like it.