Wednesday, September 26, 2007

let's ultrasound that melon belly

Today I took the almost 4 year old and his preschool classmates on a field trip.

They have been studying the farm so we went to see some miniature horses a few miles from town.

Upon arrival, the farm owner (a old family friend), said, "So, did you swallow a melon?"

A bit later he asked if I wanted to use the ultrasound machine he uses on the horses to see the baby. I have to admit I was half tempted.

All I could think of were the 3 and 4 year olds who would go home and tell their parents that they saw a baby in a teacher's belly at the farm. I politely passed on his offer. He did say it could be used for humans and some of the women from the colony have used it in the past to see their unborn child. I hope my hubby doesn't find out I had the chance...

3 comments:

Alexis Jacobs said...

That would have been an amazing things for the kids to see. (Or maybe I am justifying why I would have done it lol)

Karen said...

I would have done it. Nothing on earth could have stopped me, and I'm a little disappointed that you have become such a grown-up. I really thought you were a kindred rebel spirit.

You could always go back.

Karen said...

Hey! I found something cool for your blog. Check out the baby countdown widget.
http://robbinsfour.blogspot.com/