Monday, September 17, 2007

Whew, it's only strep...

I was on the phone waiting to schedule a doctor's appointment a little after 7:30 this morning. Listening to the elevator music while inside my brain is spinning; cough = cancer. It can't be. I am just sick, normal sick. My ds has been coughing, too. How young can Hodgkin's get you? I mean, it's environmental. He has lived in the same place I have for the last almost 4 years. Could he? Of course we couldn't get in until this afternoon. So, I spent the morning trying to avoid thinking about it.

So we hurry up and wait at the doctor, and wait, and wait...

Then he finally gets to us and does his thing and tells us it's only strep. Whew! I have not felt relief like that in, well, a long time. I did ask him what the chances are of an almost 4 year old getting Hodgkin's...he smiled and said, "Next to none."

I know the white coat is not a god. I know he is just another imperfect human. I know he is not right all the time. But it felt good hearing it from him.

So we will take some antibiotics and get better. Another day in the life of a stay at home mommy, cancer survivor.

3 comments:

Alexis Jacobs said...

I am glad that it is just strep. What a relief for you ((hugs))

Beverly said...

Isn't it funny when strep is a good thing?

I'm so happy it's only strep.

Karen said...

God is good! Besides, you have waaaay too much child-rearing to do, no get-out-of-jail-free card for you!! Heaven will have to wait.