Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Crankmeister

I'm cranky.

Can't explain it...just am.

Trying to think of a reason why just accentuates all the reasons I shouldn't be.

Had a few friends over for a get-together Friday night and everything went swell. The food was awesome. I love potlucks. I even got compliments on my toilet paper. The hubby put together a makeshift fire pit that we thought we might actually market until we tore it apart and found the 'hot' had burned through the quarter inch plywood and into the yard. It made me laugh. No where near being crabby.

#3 is moving and grooving (no crawling yet but dh informs me 'none of our kids crawled before they walked' huh?) but those adorable blue eyes and her cute button nose melt me every time I look at her. Even after a long night of crying and whining through teething she is still my little sunshine. I am so blessed I dare not get cranky about receiving another chance to be a mommy.

#1 is growing up so fast. She is a huge help. I don't know what I would do without her. She still complains of tummy aches almost every day (which I have attributed to growing pains?!?!) and still walks in her sleep (this past week she opened the patio door and went outside). She is so thoughtful and reminds me every time I slip up and yell that "you don't really mean that mom, that's just the devil talking" I think she understands temptation better than I do. She is saving pennies for a double stroller, a wagon to pull the babies in and a family trip to Disney. I can't hardly be cranky about that.

#2 is in heaven. It's baseball season. Daddy's team pulled themselves up to the fourth ranking spot (from ranking 8th) in three wins. My little boy understands the game so much better this year and he is only four. "Sometimes daddy doesn't win." He states, matter of factly. He gets it. He is still a little too young (and slow) to get the foul balls. He is caught between wanting to be a big kid yet still needing to be a little boy. It sometimes stresses me out. I have to watch him learn how to deal with the circumstances of life. He idolizes his father, going so far as waiting until dh gets dressed to find a matching outfit. I love him to pieces. I don't want him to grow up. Thank the Lord for my October babies. I get another year with them before giving them up to kindergarten. Absolutely no crankiness here.

Dh is super busy between baseball and work. Half the time I feel like a single parent. Hint of crabbiness here. It has been like this for as long as I can remember. Now, at least I have the kids to keep me company.This year we have already gotten one camping weekend in and a couple of family afternoons. I actually feel pretty lucky.

I am doing wonderful. No complaints. #4 is kicking up a storm and I feel tired but healthy. I had my first painful pregnancy charlie horse in the middle of the night Saturday and my husband said, "I thought you were going into labor".

The weather is beautiful. My house is fairly clean. No car is in the shop. The lawnmower is working and the garden is growing. I have nothing to complain about.

I don't know why I feel like staying in bed all day, but I do.

6 comments:

K~ said...

Some days are just like that. Take advantage if you can stay in bed. If not, find a good spot in the shade outside. OR better yet have a family nap. Sometimes that works for me. Hope your spirits are up soon. K~

Karen said...

Hmmmm....could it possibly be that in addition to everything you listed, you are MAKING A PERSON???

Just thinking about making a person makes me want to go back to bed.

Karen said...

Oh, and, complimented on your toilet paper???

Unknown said...

A family nap was in the near future...what an excellent idea.

I think I figured it out, I needed a shower. A girl just needs to shampoo and condition every couple of days, you know?

Yes, the tp! I got the cute little puppy tracks stuff from Cottonelle to teach the kids how much to use and it was a hit with the guests as well:)

Karen said...

Will have to check out the puppy tracks, but I fear the boy who most needs to QUIT USING SO MUCH will not be impressed. :-)

Unknown said...

What is it about wrapping that stuff 15 times around your hand before you wipe that is so !@#$ attractive?