Monday, June 09, 2008

Mama mia

The baby is currently taking her second nap of the day and it's only 1:47.

Had to keep myself busy so I found a couple of yummo recipes to try.

The first one is from one of my frequented blogs, SCRIBBIT. She is one of those super-organized bloggers with a day reserved just for posting recipes. I try (and love) most all of her recipes. This happy cheese bread is delicious. About 2 seconds after I snapped this photo I ate half a loaf. My dough was really wet and I was afraid it wouldn't turn out, but it did. I should have used a sharper knife to make the X because it baked itself away. I used a tablespoon of flax seed in mine to make it healthy:). I also only used a palm sized ball of mozzarella because I was running low on cheese. You gotta try this one. It is delightful alone or my kids loved it dipped in a little of my homemade tomato pasta sauce. MMMMMmmmmmm...

The second recipe I am trying today is a meatloaf. My family digs meatloaf. I actually have a perfect recipe that I love, but this inside out cheeseburger one sounded too yummy to pass up. It is in the crock pot now and should be ready before daddy leaves for work tonight. I am serving it with curly fries and lettuce salad. Can't wait!

Thank goodness I live in the Midwest where cheese is the ingredient of utmost importance.

Happy Cooking:)

Update! Cheeseburger in Paradise was a hit. I used Jimmy Dean Sage sausage and ground chuck instead of ground beef. YUMMO!

4 comments:

Scribbit said...

So glad you liked it--nothing like cheese wrapped in dough is there?

bobbione8y said...

dude.

you make me want to eat MORE cheese!

:)

Karen said...

As soon as I unpack in VA, I want your original meatloaf recipe. The hubby is always asking for meatloaf, which I have never, ever made in my life.

Unknown said...

No problem...I will type it up for you. It's SO easy!

Cheese is yummy in my tummy.