Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday Multitudes, #332-349

holy experience


A woman in church remarked,"Every day I look outside my window and see you hanging clothes on the line and I feel so sorry for you."

I was sort of surprised at her comment. Hanging clothes is a choice of mine. I don't dislike it as much as dishes or dirty diaper changes. In fact, I am thankful for the moments of sunshine, for the neatly lined up towels, jeans or other items. I sort of enjoy it. In fact it is easy to be thankful for everyday normalcies when you consider the alternative.

Other things I am thankful for;

VBS, VBS, VBS, VBS, VBS, VBS, VBS, VBS, I do love VBS

nieces and aunties who help out with the little girls during VBS

ballgames in the middle of the day

supper served at 3:30 (see previous)

barbeques at grandma's

pico de gallo and guacamole from pioneerwoman.com

first days at the lake swimming and fishing

Memorial day remembrances of dad, today Maleah said, "I wish I could have met him.", me too...

kids who are excited about dentist appointments

camping at home

coupons from my sister in law for triple coupon days

boston cream pie yogurt, mmmmmmmmm

crock pots bubbling full and not heating the house up

husbands who hang loads of wash for me :)

gas stations that are open in small towns on a holiday

a peaceful quiet day so daddy can sleep since he has the night shift

a week so full it may burst right off the calendar

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

i feel sorry for the lady who felt sorry for you because you hang clothes out on the line :)))

Karen said...

I'm with Bob. If that lady knew anything at all, she would realize that your full clothesline is nothing more than an indication of a full life.

Maybe you should loan her a couple of kids. :-)

Karen said...

Oh, and I read this yesterday. I looked high and low for Boston cream pie yogurt last night, with no luck.