Tuesday, December 12, 2006

2006 Christmas letter

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! II Cor. 9:15

As we celebrate this Christmas season I feel blessed and grateful to be able to thank the Lord for my life, my family and friends, my faith and the gift of His Son, Jesus.

Wisdom doesn’t come with age – it comes with the walk. Ps. 27:11

We have gotten wiser this year with my battle with Hodgkin’s lymphoma. I have been undergoing chemotherapy for almost 6 months now. My last treatment will be on Dec. 20th. I am anxious to be done. My family, friends and community have all been extremely important in my path to wellness. The support we have been given is very difficult to describe in words. We have been blessed and are eternally grateful for everything we have received from monetary gifts to hot meals. I have been keeping a diary of my battle with cancer at http://fulltimemommy.blogspot.com/.

Love is patient, love is kind…it always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. I Cor.13:4-7

My DH has been my rock and is the solid foundation of the whole family. He is still working at the hospital as a respiratory therapist. He enjoys the variety of working with all kinds of patients, young and old. He is still a member of the hospital transport team, spending most of his shifts riding in the helicopter, ambulance and fixed wing airplane transporting patients and was promoted to charge therapist. His amateur baseball team, the Muckdogs, made it to the state tourney again this year. He was able to sneak in a weekend of deer hunting this fall, too. It wasn’t nearly long enough to fill both tags, though. He enjoys playing volleyball and trying to train our new puppy, Shiloh, to hunt.

Children are a gift from God. Ps. 127

Our DD turns 5 at the end of December. Where did the last few years go? She is enjoying life as a preschooler. Her favorite things to do are play make believe and sing songs. She has a new pet cat, Sampson. She loves him very much and is constantly trying to get him to play house with her. She loves learning and memorizing books so that she can read them to her brother and her cat.

Our DS (3) is all boy. He is obsessed with tools, motorcycles, four-wheelers, trailers and the color orange. He loves to play computer games and build with lego's. He really doesn’t mind playing house as long as he can be the dad or the dog. His favorite summer activity was playing t-ball in the backyard with Grandpa. He has recently discovered shopping and wants to ‘buy’ a lot of things from toys to full-size burnt orange SUV’s.

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom His favor rest. Luke 2:14

God bless you in His love at Christmas and in the New Year.

No comments: