Monday, December 11, 2006

The food filled our tummies, the gesture filled our souls.

At least 5 months and over 60 meals ago the community began bringing us hot meals. Every single meal was packed with love, compassion, prayers and support. My children and my husband and I experienced some of the most nourishing meals of our insignificant little lives. The food was fantastic, but the most amazing course was the fact that these busy people took precious time out of their lives and prepared us a feast; when I know that they had a long list of other things to do. Recently I have discontinued the meals, I felt that December is busy enough without another dozen meals to prepare. I am going to miss visiting with my neighbors and friends and eating their scrumptious entrees. There were over 35 different people who shared meals with us and we feel blessed to be a part of an awesome group of people. We are eternally grateful. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

No comments: