Saturday, December 23, 2006

It's officially Christmastime.

My dd turned five yesterday. If I had it to do all over again, I would have had her in any month besides December. She had a steady stream of gift givers coming and going yesterday. She started to get confused when we began making Christmas cutouts. She thought they were for her birthday. Maybe a good mom would have also added a birthday cake to the baking for yesterday, but I didn't. She had puppy chow and lots of Christmas goodies. In all reality, we celebrated her birthday last week at the infamous pizza place. Yesterday was, as she put it,"my real birthday, but not my party." So after we threw all the birthday wrapping paper away and cleaned up the kitchen and ate a late supper we all sat down exhausted in the living room. My darling daughter, who was on a sugar high with no nap, promptly exclaimed,"Well, my birthday's over...it's Christmastime, when are we going to Grandma's?" ...sigh.

No comments: