Monday, December 11, 2006

'tis the Season

This morning my van wouldn't start. Since I leave about 2 milliseconds before I am supposed to be at work, I was late. My husband works at the hospital and this is the busy season so he has been picking up shifts. I miss him when he is gone for 14 hours a day 4 or 5 days in a row; my kids do, too. My son came into my room the other night and his face was crusted in dried blood. He must have gotten a bloody nose in the night and used his new comforter to wipe the mess. I am out of spray and wash. My daughter has a birthday on the 22nd and I have tried to plan her party around the holiday parties with no success. This year we will be celebrating her birthday a full week early just to avoid the holiday mess. I went through the gifts that I have been collecting for the kids and realized I have enough for two little girls, but none for my son. A three year old will be happy with just socks and underwear, right? Every day I get my mail and find more Christmas cards and it just reminds me that I haven't done mine yet. I was so proud of my Christmas lights even on the dog's kennel, until she chewed through the only green extension cord I could find at Walmart($12' imagine a flushing sound').

May you and your family feel the peace of His presence... now and always. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: