Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Chemotherapy Round 12, THE LAST ONE.

Well, I did it. Made it through 6 months and 12 treatments. In the beginning it seemed like it would take forever. I even got my graduation certificate and a fleece blanket for all my suffering. Many of you have asked me how I am gonna celebrate. I thought at first about a bottle of wine, or a sip of my new favorite creamy dark beer. Then I thought about a nice meal and a movie, but when I got home today and I was worn out and tired I opened my Bible to thank God for all the blessings He has bestowed upon me. I really feel lucky and blessed to be alive. Even when I got sick during treatment and the nurse put a tiny band aid on me that I bled through and ruined my shirt and bra. We were blessed when my mom and I missed an accident with a school bus by a measly few moments and when I was able to talk with my sister on the phone for a few sacred minutes, and the weather cooperated and brought us safely home.

Here are some blessings I read about today in the Old Testament...it seems He has been blessing His people for a long, long, time...

Numbers 6:22-27(from God to the people of Israel)
God Bless you and keep you,
God smile on you and gift you,
God look you full in the face and make you prosper.

2 Chronicles 19:11 (from King Jehoshaphat to the appointed Levites, priests, and family heads.)
Be bold and diligent. And God be with you as you do your best.

Psalm 34:8
Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see--how good God is. Blessed are you who run to him.

2 comments:

carey said...

I don't know if you know this, but my kids included you in our evening prayers almost every night since this has been going on. Josh's often goes like this..."and make Rani feel better and help Ryan and Gavin and Mahlea and make them happy and bring them good food..."

I Thank God for you Rani. You have greatly touched my life...

Congratulations.

bobbione8y said...

yeah!!!!!!!!!

have the happiest, the joyfullest, the MERRIEST of Christmases, Rani.

i will SEE YOU in 2007 ;)

b