Monday, August 06, 2007

the next top models for Burpee seeds...



Man, I love Sunflowers! This one was a surprise. We didn't plant any this year, but we had several little leftovers from last years crop. Only two survived, this one and one in my veggie garden. The veggie one was felled by the recent rain (I read you had this problem, too, B).

I wanted to take pictures of them with the kids, but they grew much too tall. If I only remembered the variety, I would send a photo into a seed company for next spring's catalog...

3 comments:

Karen said...

Holy Crapoli, that's enormous! You've got to get some kind of a prize for that sucker. Seriously.

DeAnn said...

YOWZAAA!!!!!!!!!! I've never seen anything so big! I can't believe it doesn't just topple over. You grow a mean sunflower, Rani. I think you need a prize for too!

bobbione8y said...

yes, this year i HAD the tallest sunflowers ever. i have a little volunteer patch too, left over from a pack of Martha Stewart seeds last year.

i am saving seed like a crazy lady. will try again next year :)