Monday, February 16, 2009

a God stop

I've been working on this grant. My brain loves to wrap itself around these things. Get into it and get it done. I emailed and researched and wrote and emailed and re sized photos and networked. Then I went to submit and realized that I had neglected to complete the second half of the project.

Curse, curse, cursity, curse, curse! I volunteered for this project and now I am going to have to go back and tell everyone I failed because I am forgetful and my brain cannot do things that require anything more than changing diapers, filling bottles and helping a first grader do homework.

Then I see it.

On the page where you are supposed to submit your completed application there is a text box that reads, "Canada and U.S. application deadline has been EXTENDED!" Then I check my email and get a message from the company with the details.

PRAISE THE LORD! I am really sorry for cursing. PRAISE THE LORD!

I have one more week to procrastinate.

BONUS! I have a super awesome friend and a super awesome neighbor that are helping me create one super awesome creative submission. If we don't get this grant I will eat a banana... and I HATE bananas.

2 comments:

Karen said...

He he. Hope you don't have to eat that banana!

Did you know that I was a grant writer in my former life?

Unknown said...

Really? This one is quite elementary, but I still struggled through it. For the creative submission you have to pretend you are meeting an exchange student from another galaxy and portray to them, non verbally, what gardening feels like to you. Um, yeah, that's the the truth.