Thursday, February 05, 2009

one foot in front of the other...

Little Nora has officially graduated to 6 month size outfits. She is eating well. She is still working on the sleeping through the night thing.

Addison, being the older sister by 11.5 months, is hitting a slew of milestones. Today, she crawled DOWN the steps to the basement for the first time. She is taking one nap a day now and she asks for milk by using sign language. She can also say 'please' and 'more' using baby signs. Growing up in a house with older siblings is tough. Appropriate things for a 5-7 year old are deathly dangerous for a toddler. So, she has learned the word "no", and the consequences of ignoring it. She will point her finger and shake it right back atcha, but she won't touch the scissors if you tell her 'no'. She can successfully take her socks and her diaper off. She can climb pretty much any chair or end table. She will throw things away if told to do so. We started potty training a little. I started by giving her a chocolate chip every time she sat on the chair because she was afraid of it. She now sits when asked to and eats her chip, stands up and pees on the floor. I am still ironing out a few wrinkles in that lesson. She loves to pick up things and put them away, especially if they go in baskets or containers. Right now she is at my feet putting the pens in and out of the can I use to store them. I am pretty proud of her accomplishments. She is starting to initiate dressing herself so today when I was folding the laundry, which she loves to put in and out of the baskets, she promptly took out an item and put it over her head. Upon closer inspection I noticed it was a pair of my underwear. At least we laugh a lot around here. It's good for you. Go out and get yourself a toddler, they're good for your soul.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I keep trying, but you won't give me one!

wordgirl-momathome said...

Hey Rani,

Just saw that you were following our blog so thought I would make a visit. I really have enjoyed reading it. The days in the hospital are long and I am spending way too much time on line! I read down to your blog on miracles and thought I would put in my 2 cents...I whole heartedly belive in miracles because I am one. The transforming work of the Holy Spitit in my life regenerating me from the wretch that I was into the lover of God that I am now can only be described as a miracle. The Bible says there is no one righteous, no one who seeks after God. So the transformation in anyone who turns from their rebellion against God to repent and put their faith in Jesus is a miracle. I thinks what we have to be careful about is seeking after supernatural works of God for the benefit of the miracle itself. What I believe God wants is for us to be ultimately satified in Him alone. He has given us Himself (the indwelling Spirit) and His Word and it is all we need! Isn't He amazing! Hey, If you see Joel and Hanna before I get to them, give them a smooch from Auntie Tess! I'll keep you in prayer with the toddler phase...you've got a ways to go girl! Love, Tess

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful mother! :) Your kids are very lucky.

Unknown said...

Yes, I thought about taking a photo of my granny panties over her head, but then I wondered why anyone would want to see that?

Alexis Jacobs said...

Sounds like you guys have lots of fun at your house. :)