Saturday, February 14, 2009

Keeping us grounded

I did our taxes three times. I crunched the numbers. Cleared the calculator and crunched again, twice. The numbers I came up with were bigger than we had seen in the past. A week went by and after I was sure it was correct, I filed. Our return was accepted and our heads started dreaming of paying bills and having a little money left over to play with. We dreamed and dreamed and dreamed.

The return was deposited in our bank account yesterday morning.

Last night our less than 5 year old furnace stopped working. This morning it was 58 degrees in our house.

Ryan called the repair man. It will cost parts plus $150/hour for labor to fix.

I guess the Lord knew we would need a little extra cash this year.

4 comments:

wordgirl-momathome said...

Isn't He so good?!

Karen said...

Heh heh. I love/hate it when He doesn that.

bobbione8y said...

i bet He still has plans to make some of those DREAMS come true too. don't stop praying / pressing for them. He is GOOD.

Alexis Jacobs said...

It's great how He provides!