Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Everywhere I go

How many verses do you think are in the entire Bible?

Why is it that the same verses keep finding their way to me? How can this be?

It must be an act of God. Either that or Pastor and Beth Moore are working together.

Tonight during the confession and absolution we responsively read several verses from Lamentations and Hebrews, 1st Timothy, and Isaiah.

Pastor has been preaching about Jonah during Lent. He calls it Jonah, The Survivor Series. I seriously think he should publish it. It is/was that good. I missed one week when the girls weren't up to attending the late night Lenten church and I wanted to ask Pastor to email me his notes. GOOD. STUFF.

The verse that has been highlighted for me for the last month or so is this one.

The Lord says, "I am He who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more." Isaiah 43:25

As I get older it becomes more and more clear to me just how amazing His forgiveness truly is. I know that having children allows me to see my sins more often, or at least in a new light. It's like I am looking in a mirror. Soon it will be four mirrors. It is painful. My sins are bad enough, but to pass my sinful behavior on to my children is a terrible, awful, experience to witness every day.

I desperately want to receive the forgiveness of our patient and compassionate God. On Calvary's cross, Jesus bore the punishment and wrath of the Father that we deserve. "Our God will abundantly pardon." Isaiah 55:7
He gives us abundant pardon and strength to walk in His ways.

Every time I confess my sins, I pray for forgiveness. I beg and plead for forgiveness. I do not feel worthy of it. I cannot understand why He would grant it to me. It is something that boggles my mind every time I go through it. I want to be turned completely away from my sinfulness and set on the path of righteousness and blessedness. Save me, Lord Jesus.

He did, He does and He will.

Praise the Lord, I am forgiven. I am new. I am clean.

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassion never fails. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

2 comments:

carey said...

He definitely is. I don't know what you're seeing in that mirror, but I am seeing something pretty amazing.
God is in you, dear. That's pretty much what I see.

Karen said...

There is therefore now NO CONDEMNATION to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Romans 8:1