Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I am not really a Yankees fan, but the stadium is cool.

Isn't it funny how things affect you differently after your life, well, for lack of a better word, happens.

I saw Joel Olsteen in person a few years back and I thought he was okay. When he cried at the end of the night, I felt it was a little too convenient. But, I enjoyed the message.

When I saw Joel and Victoria Olsteen on the morning show this weekend talking about this event they were having at Yankees stadium I thought to myself, I might like to see that.

It was a sheer accident that I turned on the tube just as the event was about to start. I watched most of it live and dvr'ed the end. For the record, he cried at the end again.

I was shocked at how many similarities his message had to Beth Moore's Believing God. Check out this video at about the 4:55 second mark. Interesting, huh?

If you have time you can listen to the entire night here.

2 comments:

bobbione8y said...

yeah. he is a bit too much for me to handle. but i do kind of like that God uses different personalities to deliver His message, because He knows we are different, and need different kinds of vessels. the Word doesn't change much though, does it?

Karen said...

Hm. I've always been wary of him, he's too shiny for me.

I wanted to hear his daughter sing at the end!