Sunday, April 12, 2009

Some prayer requests...

I am learning (thank you Beth M.)to use a Bible verse as a prayer. Several members of my extended family and friends are currently suffering health issues and I need to spend some time praying for them. I chose the following verses to help form my prayers.

If you have a moment, please pray for;

Callie Jane; my three year old niece who has been hospitalized (she's home now) for mono and strep. She is recovering.

Larry; Ryan's uncle has been hospitalized. He is currently undergoing chemotherapy and now has some complications that are pretty serious. We had the pleasure of visiting him on Thursday evening at his home. He is beginning dialysis tonight. Please pray for his wife, Donna, and his four children and their families. Pray also for his two sisters(one is my mother in law, Judy) and his brother, as they are very concerned.

Kris; a friend, who has been hospitalized for more than a week. She is having some complications from surgery. She is in the ICU.

My children; Maleah is feeling better, now the Gavinator is coughing and complaining of a sore throat. Both Addi and Nora are teething, OUCH!

Grandpa Geno; has a cold and needs to rest so he can get better.

Grandpa Tom; has a hernia that is pretty stubborn and won't get better. Pray that it heals and right quick. Pray that Grandpa will see a doctor if it gets much worse(speaking of stubborn:))

Jeff; my baby brothers' wife's brother in law. That is a mouthful. Jeff has lymphoma. Things are not going well right now. He is married with three small children and he could really use some healing prayers.

Great Grandma Rosalyce; She is in the hospital. It seems she fell and has the bruises to prove it, but she cannot remember it, or much of anything right now. Pray that the doctors and nurses can help her and that her children will be able to help decide how to best care for her now.

Exodus 15:26

He said, "If you will listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God, and do what is right in his sight, and give heed to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will not bring upon you any of the diseases that I brought upon the Egyptians; for I am the Lord who heals you."

Exodus 23:25

You shall worship the Lord your God, and I will bless your bread and your water; and I will take sickness away from among you.

Isaiah 53:4-5

Surely he has borne our infirmities and carried our diseases; yet we accounted him stricken, struck down by God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the punishment that made us whole, and by his bruises we are whole.

Psalm 103:2-5

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and do not forget all his benefits--who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the Pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good as long as you live so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Psalm 91:3-4

For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence; he will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.

6 comments:

carey said...

i knew Rosealyce had to be related, didn't know she was a great-grandma. what a sweet lady. i deliver meals on wheels to her and was shocked to see the big bruises last thursday. poor lady, i wanted to stay and talk but she was under someone's care and wasn't very with it. i was very sad to see her like that...

my prayers are with her and all your family.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Carey:)

KristieLou said...

I will be praying for the people on your list.

Dad and I were cleaning out the basement on Sunday so he can have a garage sale and I found the book you have listed on your blog (crazy). I think my mom was reading it. She LOVED Rich Mullins. So I started reading it last night.

K~ said...

Thinking of you. I have many health prayers going up, I will add yours. K~

bobbione8y said...

yep, i will pray for these health requests, too, ran...

Karen said...

praying over here, too!