Sunday, June 25, 2006

On the job second opinions

Well, one thing that is positive about my situation is that my husband works around pulmonologists all day at the hospital, and today he was able to get one to look at my CT scan. His opinion pretty much matched the one from the oncologist and my gp. So at least we are all on the same page. He did stress that this particular type of lymphoma is highly treatable with chemotherapy and that we should not let ourselves get down about things until we get the biopsy back. He also looked at the cavity in my lung and agreed that it may be fungal, which is encouraging because it may (cross your fingers) account for the inflammation of my lymph nodes, although it is hard to conceive that that largest one is not a tumor. We just have to wait and see (and pray a lot).

No comments: