Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Power of Prayer

In a few hours I will be in surgery. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their prayers and support again. It has completely blown me away. How can I not win this battle with all of you behind me? I slept for almost 5 hours, the longest in a few days. I am still scared, but I can rest assured that everything is going to happen according to God's plan. After talking to my husband, the one who actually listens to the Dr., it seems they are just going to lay me on my right side and make one large incision from under my left scapula (fifth intercostal space for you med. people) place a rib spreader in between my ribs and ATTACK! The incision will be long and sort of wind around my body. I am assuming that recovery will be long and painful. But I can take it. From that incision they will retrieve everything they need, the two cavitary nodules that are screaming fungal infections and the large chunk biopsy of the lymph node. After recovery from surgery, and confirmation of the lymphoma, we can start chemo. The Dr. did say that we cannot, as of yet, rule out sarcoidosis. So there are still a lot of unknowns. But the things that I know for sure, that I am a child of God and I have a super amazing group of family and friends who are praying for me will make this journey all the easier. I will talk to you all again very soon.
Post a Comment