Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Power of Prayer

In a few hours I will be in surgery. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their prayers and support again. It has completely blown me away. How can I not win this battle with all of you behind me? I slept for almost 5 hours, the longest in a few days. I am still scared, but I can rest assured that everything is going to happen according to God's plan. After talking to my husband, the one who actually listens to the Dr., it seems they are just going to lay me on my right side and make one large incision from under my left scapula (fifth intercostal space for you med. people) place a rib spreader in between my ribs and ATTACK! The incision will be long and sort of wind around my body. I am assuming that recovery will be long and painful. But I can take it. From that incision they will retrieve everything they need, the two cavitary nodules that are screaming fungal infections and the large chunk biopsy of the lymph node. After recovery from surgery, and confirmation of the lymphoma, we can start chemo. The Dr. did say that we cannot, as of yet, rule out sarcoidosis. So there are still a lot of unknowns. But the things that I know for sure, that I am a child of God and I have a super amazing group of family and friends who are praying for me will make this journey all the easier. I will talk to you all again very soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rani,

Hi, my name is Kaye Tiritilli. I am Carol Flickinger's daughter and have two young children myself. Your story wrenches my heart. I am saying many prayers for you as you undergo surgery and head on into recovery today. You sound like an amazing woman who is going through a tumultuous time in your life with your head held high. May God bless you today and always.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you. I lay my e-hands on you in the name of our lord and savior, Jesus Christ, that you may know the healing power of his love. Amen.

Anonymous said...

Hi my dear young friend! I just want you to know I am having many, many good thoughts for you and constant prayers on your behalf. That awful, persistent, nagging cough at school this spring! Who would ever suspect??!! You WILL beat this cancer that has invaded your life. You are so upbeat and determined. Thank you for your wonderful writing on your blog. It helps us all learn the facts of what is going on, how you and your wonderful family are dealing with all of this, and keeps the 'gossip monsters' at bay! I am available for any help I can give you, with kids, or whatever, even washing baseball uniforms!! Love and best wishes, Judi.

Anonymous said...

Rani
I wanted to let you know that you and Ryan have been in our thoughts and prayers continually through out the past couple of days.
If there is anything we can do, let us know. We would love to watch the kids, help at home, anything you need, we'll be there.

We will continue to keep you and the family in our prayers. The Power of Prayer is an amazing thing.

Sending love and prayers
Joe, Jaimie, Hope, Mesa & Zoey