Wednesday, March 28, 2007

"Enjoy your last day of freedom," she said

and we both giggled. Tomorrow I begin a 13 week subbing position for a friend. She had asked me months ago when she was barely showing and now she has a basketball under her shirt and only 13 days to go. I thought about what she said about freedom and how the life of a SAHM is so often referred to as 'easy'. Little does she know that I am actually yearning for 13 weeks of scheduled "normalcy". She said it best in her letter to her families about me filling in for her."Even though she classifies herself as stay at home, I believe she is busier now than ever. She runs local community groups, substitutes, and also fills in at the local daycare. "I think this job will be like therapy for me. I get to feel professional again, earn a little bit for the pocketbook and do what I love to do; work with children and families. It will be nice to concentrate on one thing for the next three months instead of several. I can't wait.

This afternoon I have a doctor's appointment with my oncologist. Things are going well. In fact, we have rescheduled the PET scan for a later date because of how miraculously well I am doing. I may be busy these next few months and not blogging as much, but I am sure I won't be able to stay away from it for very long, and I will keep everyone updated on my health for sure.

Now that I have been thinking more about it, I am sure my friend is the one who should be enjoying her last two weeks of freedom, she is going to have to get used to a new little 'boss' running the show...

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh man. DO NOT overdo it, woman. With all your extra money, you should pay someone to cook, or clean, or or or something. Just don't do too much, ok?