Wednesday, March 28, 2007

everything is okey dokey...

Bloodwork came back normal. I am several pounds heavier than when I started treatment way back in August, but the cancer made me lose 10-15 pounds in a couple of weeks right before surgery, I hope I can lose the excess weight by taking care of myself and eating right. Another wonderful (I am being sarcastic, of course) benefit of chemo is that is really slows down your metabolism. I need a strong will to eat better. Pray for me if you get the chance, I love sugar and it is not what I should be putting in my body. Dr. Keppen wants to see me again in 6 months.

3 comments:

DeAnn said...

I have been thinking of you and wondering how your latest appt. went. YEAH! It sounds good! I will continue to pray for you. I'm sure it's hard to get used to all the side effects of chemo but YOU are here and touching lives (mine too) everyday. No matter what size, THANK YOU for that.

Karen said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. It seems like there should be an "enough!" point with cancer. A slower metabolism is like a kick when you're down. Except that you're not, and I'm glad for that. Is the slow-down a permanent thing? As far as the sugar goes--KNOCK IT OFF. I'm so serious, please take care of yourself, Rani. Sugar is evil for you, and you're supposed to "flee from evil," or is that temptation? Either way, FLEE!!!

Karen said...

Not so sure I approve of this full-time subbing gig. You don't have time to blog!!