Wednesday, October 10, 2007

making room for number three

The last few days we have been cleaning out closets and purging junk.(maybe that's why my hand is so sore?) It feels good, I kinda got caught up in it and even cleaned behind my stove and fridge. Presently, I really feel that cleaning with two kids in the house is fruitless. Case in point; Monday when I did my extreme kitchen clean with a sweep and a mop and shine coat on the floor, it stayed clean all of two hours until my family came home from hunting and tracked dirt and grass and gunk all through the kitchen. Then just yesterday I was barefoot and getting breakfast ready for the rugrats when my foot stuck to the floor in front of the fridge. It seems someone helped themselves to a bowl of ice cream with chocolate syrup and left a bit of evidence on the floor. I mean, what is the logic? I may as well wear socks or shoes all the time and just wait for them to graduate, me to get a divorce or Jesus to come, right?

Dh finally backed the trailer up to the back of the house so I could get rid of things. I do enjoy purging. There are a few things I can't bear to get rid of, but for the most part it is just junk that is taking up precious space in my tiny house.

I have about 5 boxes of borders and room decorations that are just collecting dust. I can't bear to throw them and I am too lazy to have a garage sale. So anyone who needs some teacher supplies come and get 'em. First come first serve.

I went through the baby clothes that I have been collecting and I have a tote of boys and a tote of girls stuff. How did that happen? I found some of the kids baby blankets and added them to the pile. Grandma and Grandpa had a pile of baby things in their garage that we scooped up last time we visited and now we have enough stuff for twins. Oh please, no.

With all this cleaning I have been doing, I did go ahead and pack a bag for the baby. It felt like the right thing to do, although if you ask the baby he/she would probably stay inside 'till Christmas.

1 comment:

KristieLou said...

Ha, do you remember when Shannon use to say all the time "maybe Jesus will come"...she usually said it when she wanted to avoid something like homework or a big test. When you wrote that, I remembered all of us living in that tiny dormroom. Ah, those were the days :)

Happy purging. I want to do my closets this weekend. I will have new clothes for you soon.