Friday, October 12, 2007

Reflecting a bit on HIS amazing creation...and how blessed I am because of it.

Today there was absolutely nothing on the calendar. I have not seen a tiny square that white in a long time.

This morning I felt restless. I wanted to do something, anything. But, I was tired. I wandered around the house and finally settled down in the easy chair and watched some of my dvr'd shows. I felt pretty lazy and unproductive.

Then dh and ds went to the pumpkin patch and brought home the most beautiful gourds and pumpkins. Sometimes I can't believe the shapes and colors God can make. Last Saturday, at the Apple Orchard we saw this turkey with the most amazing colored head; periwinkle blue and purple and red. It was amazing.


Later, I was walking through the kitchen, the same kitchen I walk through every day a million times. I saw my plant, the same plant that has been there for 5 years. But today, I noticed this...
a beautiful blooming flower. I was shocked. I called my husband over to look at it. We found another one, white petals with tiny stippled purple dots. Wow.

After school dh wanted to go and collect some colored corn from his uncle's field. The kids love going out into the corn field. We had a great time trying to guess what color the kernels would be before we tore back the husks. Again, I was amazed by the glorious colors in God's creation. The colors were so vibrant and beautiful. Dd was the photographer for a couple of these...(see the Goodyear Blimp, incognito as a prego?)
These are the two colorful little creations that God has given me, aren't they beautiful? On our way home we saw a helicopter spraying the fields. Talk about modern agriculture. We pulled up along side the road to let ds and dd watch for awhile. I couldn't help thinking how blessed my life has been. I am alive and well. I witness beautiful colors and amazing creations every day. How lucky am I?

Thank you Lord for your amazing knack for design!

P.S. Kris - I am gonna need your help carving these ginormous pumpkins this year!!!

No comments: