Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Note to self

Get over it.

If someone was keeping score on my daily battles, Satan would be winning. I give in to temptation and pout, fight, and whine because I am unhappy. It's pathetic. I mean it. I have no excuse for my behavior. It is sin.

Met with the Bible Study girls last night. I needed that more than even I knew. One of the girls was talking about how at her job she used to say that Jesus was in a chair. She kept tabs on what she was saying and thinking and what others said in her office by just naming a simple chair the Jesus chair.

Light bulb! I know God is here on earth. I tell it to my children all the time. Yet, when it comes to checking myself I fail miserably.

What if God weren't here on earth? Do you know how cruel and terrible this world would be? I think there is a terrific amount of brutality as it is. How much worse would it be without the aid of the Holy Spirit? Without the touch of Jesus, how could I survive my feelings of loneliness, despair and guilt? The world would be void of forgiveness, hope, and love. Without God and His grace and His promise of eternity, this world would be...hell.

Self;

Take advantage of God's forgiveness. Wrap yourself in His love. Sing praises to the hope and knowledge that eternal life is coming. Remember Jesus is here with us in everything we do and then decide what you are going to say or how you are going to act. Pray! Pray! Pray! Start everything in confidence, knowing that God will give you favor in every situation that is His will.
When you can't see Him, trust Him...Jesus is closer than you've ever dreamed.

The Lord is my strength and my shield, my heart trusts in Him and I am helped; my heart leaps for joy, and with my song will I praise Him. Psalm 28:7

Amen

2 comments:

bobbione8y said...

thanks for the devotion :)

last night was fun. yes, He is here, right now, and He is KING!!! so glad of that, so happy that He is in charge of my life, once i decide to let Him be...

you are awesome, rani...so glad the Lord decided to connect our lives.

have a happy day :)

Karen said...

So glad you're on the up-swing today. Why we are such emotional creatures I will never understand. You're not the only one on the roller coaster, if that helps. You have extra emotions going on right now, so you get a double-helping of grace. Just sit there and soak it up, Rani. All that grace, just waiting for you.