Saturday, May 30, 2009

The beauty of summer...

It's 1:26 here and all is quiet on the home front.

I put the little ones down shortly after a lazy lunch of frozen pizza, corn, apple slices and Kool-aid. The kids spent all morning outside while I hung sheets and uniforms out to dry. After lunch I recruited the big ones to help me bathe the dog and water the garden and trees. I lost one after she tripped on a twig and came in for a band aid. Then a bit later the other one wandered away. After the dog was brushed I spent some time watering and came into find everyone sound asleep. One big kid on the floor of the babies room and the other sprawled out in the easy chair.

Isn't summer beautiful?

Hope your having a lazy summer day wherever you are.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Three weeks till summer starts here.

It's light and beautiful and green and we're having a mighty hard time hauling ourselves inside for a decent bedtime.