Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's pretty quiet here tonight.

The kids decided to give us all nicknames the other night while we were eating supper.
Lee, Lil' G, Ad, and Lou Lou are what they came up with. I thought it was cute.

My house is quiet because;

Lee left for an overnight birthday camp out. She was EXCITED. I am nervous. Her first official friend sleepover. She really doesn't need me anymore. Sniff sniff.

Gordo and Lil' G went to the ballgame. They barely had enough bodies for a game. Hopefully Lil' G doesn't have to go in. I think we are in for rough season. I am praying that no one else gets hurt. I got a sneak peek at the new uniforms and they look 'cool'. No more polyester jerseys. That thick, rough, scratchy, material has been replaced by a cool thin mesh that all the guys will surely appreciate on those hot summer nights.

Ad and Lou Lou were really tired. They stayed up for a quick after work visit with Mema and then both fell fast asleep.

The quiet is really loud. I had to turn the television on for background noise.

What's a mom to do?

Guess I should plan for VBS, or finish my three started books or do laundry or clean or just blog about what I should be doing and not really do any of it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rani - I just got back from visiting the birthday campout--all is well! I'm pretty sure I heard your Lee say she misses her Mom, but it was hard to hear over the squeals & giggles of five little girls opening presents in the tent.
Grandma Kelly

Unknown said...

Schwew! Thanks for the update.
It sounds like they had a wonderful time.