Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

How could I not beat this?

I was nervous. Even after the massive amount of prayer and spiritual warfare my friends and family have been sending my way. Even after the outpouring of support from my community. Even after the vitamins, the supplements, the extra care I have been taking with my diet. Even after I stopped having night sweats, the cough went away and I gained my 15 pounds back plus a few more joiners. Even after the four rounds of chemotherapy pumped into my veins.

But I shouldn't have been. The PET scan did not detect "any convincing evidence of active disease at this time...Overall, one would judge the appearance of this study to be consistent with an excellent response to the patient's chemotherapy over the last several months" Hallelujah!
He knows I ain't giving the chemo all the credit for this one! AMEN!

I have to continue chemo until the end of the year. Another PET scan early next year and then probably pretty frequently for awhile. I am in remission. Who could ask for anything more?

2 comments:

bobbione8y said...

praise the LORD!!!

now you better get to work on that bible study, my friend :))

i'm so happy for you Rani, in a few more months you can put this chapter to rest :))

b

DeAnn said...

AMEN!! I have been so thinking of you during this test and I am so happy to hear the results! You are awesome and you are beating this thing. Keep it up. Your strength and courage is amazing. I will celebrate for you in my own way tonight.

I agree, you should start that Bible study and get ready to enjoy the rest of your wonderful life!

D