Sunday, September 10, 2006

God's Agenda

I am bringing it ALL to the table. My head is swimming with anticipation. I love weekends like this. Especially when they exceed all your expectations and leave you swirling in the goodness of sweet Christian fellowship. It all began not too long ago when a friend invited me to Beth Moore. Beth who? Yeah, that's what I was like, too. The more I think about it, it may be Beth Moore for me it's probably something different for you, maybe your monthly Bible study, or your personal prayer time - a time when you are in a direct parallel with God, it's the moment that that light clicks on in your head and you say, "Oh, that is what I am supposed to be doing." This has happened several times in my life. Each time I feel motivated to do something about it. I know what some of you are thinking, this girl is cuckoo from chemo. But, just for this post, give me the benefit of the doubt and keep reading.

I have been wondering how to do this since I stopped working. I talked with a friend at church about it and she agreed that we could all benefit from it and enjoy each other's fellowship. I love to learn. It make me feel young and keeps my brain alive. Yesterday on the way to the conference I spoke about it briefly to a friend and she, too, agreed there was a need. Then, at the conference in the the booklet it was written in black and white (actually chocolate brown and sage green - now that I have a lot of designer friends I should try to be a little more specific). "How To Start A Bible Study". Well, I may not be a rocket scientist but it can't really get much clearer than that. So I race home after, of course, fighting for 'air time' with 4 amazing women at lunch (thanks for the amazing time girls same time next week?). And this is the super duper amazingly awesome part, get this - according to the web site, there is a training session, next month not even 30 miles from my house. IS THAT A SIGN FROM GOD OR WHAT?

A few years ago, a wonderful women in our community held Saturday morning sessions in her home. It was an amazing time for Christian fellowship, prayer, and an excellent Scripture learning opportunity. Women from 4 different denominations attended, the thing we all had in common was our yearning for learning the Bible. I really enjoyed my time there. Several times I have thought of starting a Bible study in my home. I didn't know how to start, I can't imagine myself being a leader or what materials to use. I only know that I want to study the Word of God. Attending Beth Moore's Living Proof Life has turned the light on again for me. This time, I am going to do everything it takes to try and make this a reality. The four hours in the arena felt like minutes yesterday. I was so intent on studying the story of the Last Supper in Luke:22 that I completely lost track of time. She made it so interesting with references to Dueteronomy, Exodus, I Corinthians and more. I was flipping pages in my Bible faster than I can blink. Several times in her session she took moments to motivate us to inhale the truth of Scripture and make our life a priority to God. She said that Christianity is NOT the unthinking man's religion. It is based on fact and truth from historical eyewitness' mixed in with a splash of prophesy. It is perfectly reasonable and beyond a shadow of a doubt that God sent his only Son to die for my sins and free me to live an eternal life in Heaven. It says so in John 3:16. Isn't that so AMAZING?

Coming SOON to a (hopefully clean) home near you! A Bible study where we can come together to learn about God breathed Scripture through fellowship, the power of the Holy Spirit, and the Love of God. Can I hear an Amen? If this doesn't motivate me to make this happen, I don't know what will.

UPDATE: pastor's sermon this morning was about how to be a SERVANT! I can't believe it. He talked about making choices to prioritize Christ in our lives. I spoke with Pastor after church about how I felt and do you know what he said? "What's stopping you?"

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

I have been attending weekly Beth Moore Bible studies for the lat 3 years and she has been life-changing for me. I love her studies, her words and the way she puts everything into perspective. I hope you do start a Bible study, I think it's something God is telling you to do. We are now studying Live Beyond Yourself, it's really good. Thanks for your words, I'm so glad you got to experience her in person.