Monday, September 18, 2006

Not fast enough.


This is from a blog I frequently check. Here is the link. http://indexed.blogspot.com/

Last night I came to the realization that I am going to have to get sicker to get better. I must admit after the first few treatments I was pretty cocky and felt confident I could kick this. But now as my hair continues to fall out and my eyelashes and toenails are also leaving I am facing the truth that chemotherapy kills as it heals. I already knew this. I spent the time researching what it does to my fast growing cells along with killing the cancer cells. I just haven't experience the reality of it till now. My stomach has been causing me a lot of grief. I have come to the conclusion that the chemo kills all the bacteria both bad and good and I am having trouble digesting foods. So, I add yet another pill to my morning routine, this one is lactobacillus (like the bacteria in yogurt). It replaces the good bacteria my body needs to aid in digestion. I also take iron to keep my white blood cell count up, calcium for my bones, and a multivitamin. A couple ounces of Gogi juice several times a day keeps me full of antioxidants and helps keep those mouth sores at bay. Top that with some ibuprofen every 6-8 hours and a handful of antacids and you have a medication sundae, Rani style. Yesterday I was so tired I slept most of the day, again. I can't seem to kick this exhaustion. Maybe I should add an energy drink to my daily dose of 'get betters'? I feel like a walking pharmacy.




Post a Comment