Monday, September 18, 2006

Not fast enough.


This is from a blog I frequently check. Here is the link. http://indexed.blogspot.com/

Last night I came to the realization that I am going to have to get sicker to get better. I must admit after the first few treatments I was pretty cocky and felt confident I could kick this. But now as my hair continues to fall out and my eyelashes and toenails are also leaving I am facing the truth that chemotherapy kills as it heals. I already knew this. I spent the time researching what it does to my fast growing cells along with killing the cancer cells. I just haven't experience the reality of it till now. My stomach has been causing me a lot of grief. I have come to the conclusion that the chemo kills all the bacteria both bad and good and I am having trouble digesting foods. So, I add yet another pill to my morning routine, this one is lactobacillus (like the bacteria in yogurt). It replaces the good bacteria my body needs to aid in digestion. I also take iron to keep my white blood cell count up, calcium for my bones, and a multivitamin. A couple ounces of Gogi juice several times a day keeps me full of antioxidants and helps keep those mouth sores at bay. Top that with some ibuprofen every 6-8 hours and a handful of antacids and you have a medication sundae, Rani style. Yesterday I was so tired I slept most of the day, again. I can't seem to kick this exhaustion. Maybe I should add an energy drink to my daily dose of 'get betters'? I feel like a walking pharmacy.




2 comments:

DeAnn said...

I loved that blog link you sent, wow, very creative. I hope you are having a better day today. I can't imagine what you are going through but remember it's all God's plan. There is a reason for everything. Maybe one of those reasons is just touching people's lives, even me, who you don't even know. I continue praying for you and someday those medications will just be a thing of the past. Keep fighting, Rani. You are a ray of sunshine in my day!

DeAnn

Michele said...

Rani
You need to keep on fighting for your husband. If not him you kids.
You know I know that you are a great fighter.
God has a plan for you and he will let you know what that plan is as you go along.

You are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Take it easy. Enjoy your kids and take lots of photos when you can. Or should I say when they will let you.
I hope you get to feeling alot better.
Please if you ever need anyone to watch the kids or even cook a meal for you or whatever call me please I am here or just to even talk.

Don't over do it at the football games either.

God Bless you and your family.
My prayers are with you
Michele