Tuesday, January 09, 2007

This guy is SHINING!


Have you heard about this? Wow, I am not sure I would have done the same.

'Subway superman' saves stranger who fell on tracks

This tale of heroism is emerging from the bowels of New York City:


A 50-year-old construction worker (and Vietnam vet) saved a man who had fallen onto subway tracks by sheltering him in a trough between the rails as a train passed over them about 1 p.m. ET. Wesley Autrey rescued Cameron Hollopeter, a film student, who apparently suffered a seizure and fell from the platform, according to Newsday, which called Autrey a "subway superman."

"I saw the two white lights and said 'Whoa, you ain't got no time.' I just grabbed him," Autrey told reporters. "I just dove on top of him and held him down because I knew there would be enough clearance for us."

Transit officials estimate the pair had two inches to spare.

Neither man was hit by the train. Emergency workers took Hollopeter to the hospital.
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2007/01/subway_superman.html

No comments: