Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Cold and colorful

I am cold today. Thankful, but a little on the chilly side. As I sat down to write tonight I asked Nora what I am thankful for today and she said, "Colors". She has been immersed in markers and crayons since we got home today and last night she spent at least that much time painting with watercolors. She is a budding little artist.
I got to thinking about my day and I remembered that as I left my house for my morning groove I noticed how large and orange the moon was. It was a full moon and it felt like it was just beyond my reach. The color was so bright and amazing it hardly seemed like it was real. So, I am gonna have to agree with the four year old today, colors sure are nice. Thankfully there are many colors in the world and we are able to enjoy the beauty of them daily, sometimes on a page of a Dora coloring book and sometimes in the dawn of a huge sky. Lord, your colors are amazing, thanks for creating them.

Shivering and thankful for;

children
friends
little surprises
family, each and every one
warm, fall nights to watch high school football games
forgiveness
trying new things
freedom
colors

No comments: