Monday, November 21, 2011

Mama always said

...there would be days like this. Today was one of those days. It seems the whole day has been one bumble after another. I would go into the boring details but they are just that...boring.  I broke down at 2pm and went downstairs and put in the 30 day shred workout. It helped a little. For 30 minutes I didn't think about my awful day until it was over and I really needed water and realized that the water was off (boring details - the outside faucet broke when I was watering the dog) which reminded me of the terrible day I was having.
I have been spending WAY too much time playing my fire. I barely have time to read books with all my game playing. But today I decided to open the online Bible and I found some really wonderful reading plans. I am going to start a month long plan about the Christmas season. There are tons of plans to choose from and I am excited at the distraction from real life. Hopefully, I will follow through with reading. It will be a great distraction from broken faucets, sick children, hunting husbands, loads of unfolded but clean laundry, piles of dishes, unanswered emails, and a lack of decision making when it comes to choosing a cookie for the swap I want to participate in. In short, today I am thankful for distractions, schwew!

Some days are harder to find things to be thankful for, today was one of those days, but once I sat down and thought about it I had a hard time finding one thing to post about!


children
friends
little surprises
family, each and every one
warm, fall nights to watch high school football games
forgiveness
trying new things
freedom
colors
opportunities to be successful
stories
my husband
individually wrapped miniature Reece's
music
working out 
technology
warmth
time
riches
homemade chicken noodle soup
distractions, healthy ones :)

No comments: