Monday, November 07, 2011

Today

I roasted my first pumpkin in the oven. It was just a tiny little pie pumpkin but I felt like such a pioneer woman, roasting pumpkin in the shell, scraping the soft orange fluff  and putting into a small bowl where I looked at it for about an hour and then transferred it to a zipock baggie and threw it in the freezer. I have no idea what to do with it.

Yesterday I made pico de gallo and guacamole with some chicken fajitas for lunch. The girls helped me roll out some tortillas, too. So what do you do with leftover pico? I decided to make taco burgers. They were okay. The kids liked them.

So today, I am thankful for trying new things. A roasted pumpkin and taco burgers, life could be worse you know?

I am thankful for

children
friends
little surprises
family, each and every one
warm, fall nights to watch high school football games
forgiveness
trying new things

2 comments:

bobbione8y said...

oh yum. i have a whole bunch of butternut squash to roast/freeze.

i guess we'll be having a nutrient-rich winter :)

Unknown said...

YUM!