Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Turkey, gravy and stuffing oh my...

I love food. I am sure I have mentioned this before. Food is my best friend. It loves me when I am happy, sad and in between. I have tried not to love food. It just doesn't work. So I have to make better food choices. Which has been sort of working most of the time. The funny thing is we don't have a ton of money, but I always have food. What does that say about me? Am I a food hoarder? Don't answer that. Anyway tomorrow is the king of all food days and my taste buds are excited. My brain is swirling with thoughts of turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberries, green beans, corn, buttered buns, salads, pumpkin pie... The only thing that keeps me sane is that I am not cooking hardly anything so I won't have leftovers which is a very good thing:) The thing about leftovers is that I eat them. Anyway, today I am thankful for the the meal. Good food in good company always tastes the best. I am so blessed to have an amazing family to share a meal with. We will be celebrating twice this weekend, double the meals, double the blessings. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Thanksgiving blessings;

children
friends
little surprises
family, each and every one
warm, fall nights to watch high school football games
forgiveness
trying new things
freedom
colors
opportunities to be successful
stories
my husband
individually wrapped miniature Reece's
music
working out 
technology
warmth
time
riches
homemade chicken noodle soup
distractions, healthy ones :)
springlike weather in November
the meal

No comments: