Sunday, November 13, 2011

Honestly

Today was the kind of day when I bawl at every sappy commercial, the thought of making dinner overwhelms me, and listening to the kids bicker makes me want to shoot chocolate into my veins. I just want to snuggle up with my soft blanket all the livelong day. So the most I can imagine being thankful for today is the fact that those little reece's miniatures come individually wrapped. Otherwise a year and a half of work might have been lost in one bag of those bad boys.

Thank you for reminding me of these blessings, Lord;

children
friends
little surprises
family, each and every one
warm, fall nights to watch high school football games
forgiveness
trying new things
freedom
colors
opportunities to be successful
stories
my husband
individually wrapped miniature reece's

4 comments:

bobbione8y said...

so, an amazing husband with a chaser of reece's is the secret to your success as a mom of 4 grade-schoolers and under :)) it's good that you shared, because i have been wondering! ha.

Unknown said...

Success? Thanks for the vote of confidence :)

bobbione8y said...

hey, those kiddos sure seem like little successes to me, friend...you are doing some things right, for sure :)

Karen said...

Ooooh how I know that bag 'o chocolate, and the desire to snuggle all the livelong day.

I am thankful for your thankful posts!