Friday, November 18, 2011

Do you have time?

There is never enough of it, is there? It sure makes me pretty darn appreciative of the time I do have. I whisper out a prayer for my Aunt Pam who just had a biopsy. I spend a moment combing through one of the girls'hair. I say the words out loud for my son to study them for his spelling test. I cuddle in the early morning with my youngest who wakes up when I open my bottle of vitamins, she is SUCH a light sleeper. I am so thankful for every minute that I have. Several years ago I wasn't sure how much time I had. Tonight I got to spend an hour with my wonderful sister in law Kim, visiting. My friend Duane posted about his time today, too. Today I am making the time to be thankful for time. I savor the moments in time when the little ones share their wisdom with me...

I ask Nora if she likes her hair cut. She puts one hand on her hip and says, "Well, I can't SEE it."

I put Addison's hat on her head and say to her, "This hat is so nice and warm." She put her hands to her chest and replies, "Yes, mom, I can feel it in my heart."

Take some time to be thankful for;

children
friends
little surprises
family, each and every one
warm, fall nights to watch high school football games
forgiveness
trying new things
freedom
colors
opportunities to be successful
stories
my husband
individually wrapped miniature Reece's
music
working out 
technology
warmth
time

No comments: