Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Unintentional

It's not even December yet and I am so overwhelmed. Why do I feel like I am so far behind? In the past I have never gotten my tree up early. But this year I feel awful that we haven't done it yet. Every where I look is more stuff. The kids have lists with items on them I could never afford. Is this really what it comes down to? Ick. What happened to joy, peace, and love? Where is the contentment?

Last night Gavin and dad put together some wooden tree project that I purchased after Christmas last year at Lowe's. I envisioned it being this wholesome father/son activity. It was not.

We also had our church family night. We have a potluck and then put the decorations in the church. I envisioned it being like a soft, warm fuzzy caroling night. It was not.

This morning I was cozy on the couch shopping online for new scrubs for my hubby when my daughter brought me the fire. "Mom, I can't get this game to start." The screen said, "Thank you for your purchase of coins through the amazon app store". Say what? So I spent the next 10 minutes on the phone explaining why I would never purchase $19.99 worth of gold coins for a farm game. They were extremely understanding. I asked if they had a password protect for digital orders. They said they had a lot of people suggesting that and that they were "looking into it". Really? Until then I have to call every time one of my children accidentally purchases something using amazon's awesome 'one click' technology. They actually have an app that you enter your phone number into and customer service calls you. And yet they don't have a password protect for digital purchases. Crazy.

All of these unintentional experiences frustrate me. I want to be more intentional. I want to intentionally think of baby Jesus' birthday. I want to intentionally spend quality time with my family. I am thankful for the free will that God gave me. I pray that I will use it to glorify Him.

One more day of November thanks;

friends
little surprises
family, each and every one
warm, fall nights to watch high school football games
forgiveness
trying new things
freedom
colors
opportunities to be successful
stories
my husband
individually wrapped miniature Reece's
music
working out 
technology
warmth
time
riches
homemade chicken noodle soup
distractions, healthy ones :)
springlike weather in November
the meal
making memories
scrabble
sweet potatoes
interesting Bible stories
devotions
free will

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

oh. that's a deep one. you ended this month with a bang, rani, i really enjoyed your posts.

and as for free will, that has been the topic for much of our 'is God to blame' bible study this fall, and i bet you can guess what some of the answers to the question lie in - our free will. it's a two-way stream, i guess...

or is it street?

sigh. not sure any of this makes sense.

Unknown said...

Yes, I apologize. I am grumpy at holiday time, still trying to attempt to not be...

Karen said...

So many things that are "warm and fuzzy" in my head turn out to be so NOT. Be encouraged, I have discovered that with a little distance, the no-so blurs and we are left with sweet memories of time together.