Monday, July 17, 2006

Hillbilly Checkup

Today we got the official okay from the surgeon. Everything is okey dokey, so we go in tomorrow for same day surgery at 9. After I wake up from that and recover a bit I start chemo. We probably won't leave the clinic till 5 or 6 pm. It will be a long day.

I was asking the doctor about eating and drinking and I mentioned that I would like a glass of wine or a beer every now and then. He shook his head and said, "doctor's orders..." A few minutes later, he asked "do you like reds?" I replied, "Yes, I love tomato beer." As we left the hospital, my husband turned to me and said, "I think he was talking about wine." I am truly a hick. I thought for sure he was referring to red beer, wouldn't you have?

I think I should have a large can of tomato juice and a six pack delivered to his home with a thank you note, "Thanx fer kutin me open and findin it cancers in me's chest, doc, yer de best!"

3 comments:

Leanne said...

The last part of your post made me smile, what a good sense of humour you have.

Good luck with everything Rani. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

uh, I wonder if the doctor could've been talking about sedatives. "reds" used to mean seconal, years ago . . . but maybe I'm just an old fart, yes?

Unknown said...

Let's hope he just didn't hear me, how embarrasing....