Sunday, July 23, 2006

A role shift opens my EYES again

For those of you who are following the life of Rani, there was NO camping this weekend. It would have been a disaster had it happened. My dh has been sick since last night, I guess it started in the third inning....he frequently gets the pre-game *^its, but last night it was really bad, after the game he was hungry and he learned the hard way how many pukes it takes to get rid of a cheeseburger value meal, 3 to be exact. I learned of his sickness first when he called me from the restroom after the game and said he wasn't feeling good, then again when he arrived home hours later(after making the driver stop at every rest stop between here and Chamberlain including a few gas stations). He said, "I can't come near you honey, I just have to go to bed without a kiss tonight, I love you." Today he is dehydrated and looks awful. I, on the other hand have a tiny bit of energy and am happy to have a role shift for the moment. I am the one getting fresh water and making sure he is tucked in. My super MOM, the heaven sent answer to many of my prayers, took the kids so dh and I can rest. So, you know, I am typing..... The point of this post is, it could be worse. No matter how bad it is presently, I can always think of something much worse and sometimes hanging on to that thread of hope will give me the courage to get through. I could live in Lebanon, I could be in St. Louis without air or power. But, I don't, I live here among family, friends and the "village". I am so blessed, even with my cancer.
"Surely, goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Psalm 23:6

No comments: